Double rainbow all the way 'cross the sky! yeah, yeeeeaaaaah, so intense


Hello! Today I come bearing gifts yummy food recipe! It's really easy too- you can use a homemade cake recipe if you like, or some box mix and frosting! I made these quickly this morning to take into where Cal and I used to work.

What you'll need, instructions & more pics (real ones, not just instragram :p) below! Enjoy! Thanks for stopping by and if you make anything, please do share and let me know! I love to see what people bake.

  • Box mix, preferably white cake
  • Ingredients required with cake mix
  • Food coloring
  • Sprinkles
  • Frosting 
  • Mixing bowls, whisk, a bunch of spoons and little bowls.
Preheat your oven according to the cake mix. I did mine at 325F and I also cooked it significantly less than instructed, so keep your eye on them. I'd say check after 12 minutes. Anywho. Gather your ingredients, as such:








If you don't have mini muffin/cupcake pans, try making extra fullsize, then using a cookie cutter to cut out a smaller shape

Make your cake mix according to directions. Separate into bowls and add food coloring. I chose to only do four colors.

Layer it tablespoon at a time, however you like. If it gets hard to flatten, get water and use it with your finger to push the colored layers toward the edge.

Ta-da! This is how they should turn out from the oven. I did mine a bit messy, and didn't care if colors overlapped.

Frost them and add sprinkles! Note: if traveling with these, be careful.. they're slippery!




Labels: ,

Friday, May 25, 2012: 9:47 PM


Blogger chantilly said on 10:30 PM  

rainbow cupcakes?! soo cute!! xx



Blogger WearAbouts said on 12:00 AM  

OH MAN those look SO YUMMY! you know what else looks good? Your blog! I just found it through Kendi Everyday and have literally been exploring all of the cool little design quirks. I especially love the silhouetted.org homepage! You are a fabulous designer!!! I'm a new google follower--not only because you have great content, but because i SERIOUSLY have never seen a prettier blog :)
Rory
www.WearAboutsBlog.com
Crystal Bullet Necklace Giveaway!!!



Blogger Rose Eva said on 1:45 AM  

@Chantilly: yep, and tasty! :)

@wearabouts: thank you so, so much! that's so sweet of you.. I've seen your blog before, all your outfit posts are super pretty. :) thank you so much for the sweet words!



Blogger Adin B said on 4:02 AM  

Awe! Love, love, love baking and my little man loves to bake and mix with me. :) These are so sweet! Thanks for stopping by my blog.



Blogger Rose Eva said on 11:25 PM  

Adin-

Thank you! Baking is so much fun, I look forward to the future when I'll be able to enjoy it with my children :) It's so cute you two bake! I need to stop by and snoop for photos, hehe.



Blogger THE-LOUDMOUTH said on 8:31 AM  

These look amazing! Must try!!



Blogger Rose Eva said on 4:26 PM  

They really do taste good! Not super sweet though so lots of frosting is a must :)


Post a Comment

Hello there! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I really enjoy reading what you have to say & am always up for a chat! If you'd rather send me an email, you can do so at roseeva@silhouetted.org. Have a great day!







 

about me
f.a.q.
elsewhere
contact me






snapshots & photography foodie & recipes featured: as seen on.. d.i.y. → do it yourself tips & tricks beauty & reviews outfit posts freebies inspiration my etsy shop design work can't find something? → index

i carry your heart with me (i carry it in my heart) i am never without it (anywhere i go you go, my dear; and whatever is done by only me is your doing, my darling) i fear no fate (for you are my fate, my sweet) i want no world (for beautiful you are my world, my true) and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant and whatever a sun will always sing is you here is the deepest secret nobody knows (here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows higher than soul can hope or mind can hide) and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart) e.e. cummings


adopt a great white shark silhouetted: behind the scenes things you might not know thursday poem of the moment ❝24 before 25❞ weekly recaps











Such a Rag Doll


Would you care to swap buttons? Email me! :)


all content, design, photographs & graphics on this blog are © Rose Eva of Silhouetted® 2012 unless stated otherwise